Tuesday 24 September 2013

27.5! It is the one!

2014 Giant Anthem 27.5" wheels.

Well that's one week of testing done on the New 2014 Giant Anthem with 27.5" bigger wheels. My personal trusted old faithful is the Giant Anthem with the 26" wheels, so I was very keen to see if the hype around bigger wheels is true or if it's just sales marketing.
I have put the bike through everything I would my own, from commuting on a daily basis for work to crashing over the handlebars at Thrunton woods. For one week I have tried everyday to find a flaw with this bike, I CAN NOT!  
The bike role's and clear's obstacle's easier (just not the massive boulders at Thrunton woods), it holds speed and momentum better, ground traction is really good and the one that surprised me the most was it is as nimble as my 26" wheel bike.
To be honest at the beginning of the week I was a non-believer, like probably every other mountain  biker out there, 15 years ago we thought disc brakes on a mountain bike was a stupid idea and look at it now, technology changes sometimes for the better, sometimes worse, personally I think 27.5" wheels are for the better and are here to stay.
If anyone out there get's the chance to test ride one, take it, but not for a spin around the block, use it as you would your own, I think you'll be surprised.
One more thing does anyone want to buy a cheap Giant Anthem with 26" wheels. 

Chris (CLS store)

No comments: